Last updated on 1 March, 2021
What type of Personal Data do we collect?
We want you to understand the types of data that we collect, so you can then make the best decisions about what you share with us. Personal data is any information that relates to an identifiable individual and we may collect this information when you interact with our products or services:
Types of Personal Data
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, address, DOB)
- Tax, insurance, and employment details
- Your banking information and financial details
- Details of interactions with us (e.g. images, voice recordings, personal opinions)
Information obtained from mobile device with your consent
- Location information – to offer you deals from merchants near you
- SMS - Track and monitor *only* transactional SMSs – such as those coming from a 5-digit short code – to build your credit profile to offer you personal loans
- Device information – such as IMEI number – this is to bind the Jupiter app to your mobile device – to prevent unauthorized access from other mobile devices
How do we collect your Personal Data?
Any personal information held by us will be committed to a high degree of protection. Here are the ways that we collect your data - through these touchpoints which are relevant to how you may interact with our products/services in your daily lives:
Online & Digital
Product sign-ups and promotions, contests and giveaways, app downloads and registrations, general online banking services.
Digital payments through website and apps, contactless payments.
How do we use your Personal Data?
Your personal information allows us to create more personalised and unique banking experiences just for you. When you trust us with your data, it's only right that you understand how we may use it:
For General Support
Verify your identity before providing our services, or responding to any of your queries, applications, feed-back and complaints.
For Our Internal Operations
- Aid our research and analysis, so that we keep improving our services, products and advertising strategies.
- Manage our day-to-day business operations.
- Ensure that the information we have about you is up-to-date.
- Conducting credit checks or due diligence checks to minimise risks or frauds.
- Comply with all laws and obligations from any legal authorities.
- Seek professional advice, including legal.
- Update you on changes to our products or services that you might be currently engaged in.
For Marketing Purposes
Contact you and offer products or services that you might be interested in (via EDMs, direct mailers, SMS-es, phone calls, social media, 3rd party sites, etc)
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
To deliver on our promise of helping you to live more, we often partner up with third parties that bring you rewards or promotions that give you more out of life. We may also from time to time, share your personal data with others to keep improving your banking experiences with us but always in a responsible manner:
Affiliated third parties and partners to help us with:
- Communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products or services
- Processing your applications, instructions or requests.
- Relevant authorities such as government or law enforcement agencies.
- We require all personnel of Jupiter and third parties to ensure that any of your data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
- We do not sell your Personal Data to any third parties and we shall comply fully with any duty or obligation of confidentiality that governs our relationship with you.
What rights you have regarding your Personal Data?
Your right to withdraw consent
Your personal data belongs to you. We respect that. Whenever you want, you can decide whether you’re happy for us to use it. If you do take away your consent, we’ll stop using your personal data straight away, except where the law requires us to store it. It's worth knowing that if we can’t use your personal data, it will affect how we can provide you with services. It may also mean that our relationship with you has to end, either partially or completely.
Your right to access data for rectification
You can access the personal data that we hold about you at any time. If any of it is inaccurate or out of date, you can ask us to correct it.
Talk to Us
To speak to us regarding our privacy practices (including for any correction or access request), you may write to our Grievance Officer.
Mr. Vishwanath Sharma
Amica Financial Technologies Private Limited.
e-mail ID: - email@example.com